The European Parliament of the European Union.
on the 'declaration of independence' by the Turkish Cypriot sector of Cyprus
The European Parliament,
- having regard to the extremely critical situation facing Cyprus,
- whereas the United Nations Secretary-General has taken the initiative of proposing a
solution to this grave problem on the basis of a dialogue between the two communities,
- affirming its resolutions upholding the independence, integrity and unity of Cyprus as a
Member State of the United Nations Organization,
- Condemns the action taken by the Turkish Cypriot sector to declare an independent
Turkish Cypriot State in Cyprus;
- Calls on all the parties concerned to support the initiative of the UN Secretary-General;
- Invites the Council of Ministers to take all the necessary measures so that this action by
the Turkish Cypriot sector remains null and void;
- Instructs its President to forward this resolution to the Commission, Council, the
Foreign Ministers Meeting in Political Cooperation, the Governments of the 10 Member
States of the Community, the Turkish Government and the UN Secretary-General.
[Mirrors||Home||Brief Overview||Detailed History||Constitutional Aspects||Enclaved Greek Cypriots||Missing Persons||Destruction of Cultural Heritage||Violations of Human Rights||Foreign Press Articles||United Nations||European Union||Greek Government||Related Links||Search||Feedback]
Number of accesses since Thu Feb 8 13:44:06 EST 1996:
Giorgos Zacharia (email@example.com) © 1995-1999.
Last modified: Fri Jun 21 10:58:45 EDT 1996