The European Parliament of the European Union.
on the negotiation for the second stage of the EEC-Cyprus Trade Agreement
The European Parliament,
- having regard to the EEC-Cyprus Association Agreement signed on 19 December 1972
and the Protocol concerning the arrangements to be applied during 1981,
- having regard to the decision adopted by the EEC-Cyprus Association Council of 25
November 1980 to enter into negotiations as from the beginning of 1981, to establish the
trade arrangements to apply between the two sides in 1982 and 1983,
- having regard to the failure of the Council to adopt negotiating Directives within the time
limits set out in the above mentioned decision,
- noting therefore that the trade provisions of the Agreement have lapsed due to the failure
of the Council to agree,
- having regard to its resolution of 19 June 19811,
- Deplores the absence of contractual trading arrangements between the European
Community and its associated partner, the Republic of Cyprus;
- Calls on the Council urgently to reach agreement on granting to the Commission
negotiating Directives to renew and expand the trade arrangements under the EEC-Cyprus
Association Agreement for 1982 and 1983 in a manner satisfactory to the two sides;
- Instructs its President to forward this resolution to the Council.
[Mirrors||Home||Brief Overview||Detailed History||Constitutional Aspects||Enclaved Greek Cypriots||Missing Persons||Destruction of Cultural Heritage||Violations of Human Rights||Foreign Press Articles||United Nations||European Union||Greek Government||Related Links||Search||Feedback]
Number of accesses since Thu Feb 8 13:44:06 EST 1996:
Giorgos Zacharia (firstname.lastname@example.org) © 1995-1999.
Last modified: Fri Jun 21 10:58:45 EDT 1996