The current trend of "green" or natural living has subsequently led to an
increased usage of commercial herbal cosmetics, however, it works out to be
a lot cheaper if you make your own pure beauty products.
The following herbs can be used for face packs (see instructions below) and
aid various skin conditions, with the following beneficial effects:
- Lemon balm helps smooth wrinkles.
- Thyme helps to clear acne and spots, it is also reasonably astringent.
- Mint is excellent for cleansing ingrained dirt and spots. However, it is a strong astringent so only half the recommended amount of herbs should be used in packs for sensitive skin.
All of the above herbs also leave your skin feeling well refreshed and
These are easy to make and simple to use using the following
- Chop 3-4 handfuls of fresh herbs.
- Put them into a saucepan with boiling water with just enough to cover the herbs.
- Leave to simmer until the herbs form a thick mash.
- Leave to cool slightly.
- While mixture is still warm apply to face with cotton wool. (NOTE:avoid applying to eyes and mouth).
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes or until dry. 7. Rinse off with lukewarm water and pat skin dry.
Do not expect instant results.