PSAROSOUPA (Fish soup)
Serves 4-6 persons.
- 2 tablespoons sunflower or olive olil,
- 1 large onion, sliced,
- 1 clove garlic, crushed,
- 3 large juicy tomatoes or 2 tablespoons concentrated tomato puree,
- 1 glass / 200ml dry white wine,
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley,
- small piece lemon peel,
- 1 tablespoon of Lemon Balm,
- salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large soucepan and gently fry the onion and
garlic till soft but not brown.
- Add the grated fresh tomatoes or tomato puree.
- Add the cleaned fish, wine, parsley, lemon peel, Lemon Balm and
- Add enough water to cover all the ingredients and bring to the boil.
Cover the pan and simmer or 30 minutes.
- Strain the soup and reheat.
- Serve with chunks of fresh bread.
("The Taste of Cyprus", Gilli Davies)