27 November 1978
Adopted by the Security Council
on 27 November 1978
The Security Council,
Having considered the situation in Cyprus in response to the letter dated 7 November 1978 from the Permanent Representative of Cyprus to the United Nations (S/12918),
Deeply concerned at the lack of progress in the solution of the Cyprus problem,
Taking note of the relevant General Assembly resolutions concerning Cyprus,
Mindful of the urgency of solving the Cyprus problem without delay,
1. Reaffirms its resolutions 365(1974) of 13 December 1974, 367(1975) of 12 March 1975 and subsequent resolutions, including resolution 410(1977) of 15 June 1977;
2. Calls upon the parties concerned to comply with and cooperate in the implementation of those resolutions within a specific time-frame;
3. Urges the representatives of the two communities to resume negotiations, under the auspices of the Secretary-General, on an agreed basis, bearing in mind the afore-mentioned resolutions;
4. Requests the Secretary-General to report on the efforts made with regard to the negotiations referred to in paragraph 3 and on the progress towards the implementation of its resolutions of 30 May 1979, or earlier if developments should warrant it;
5. Decides to remain seized of the matter and to review the situation in June 1979 in order to continue to promote a just solution to the Cyprus problem.
Adopted at the 2100th meeting by consensus.