KHORTA STO FOURNO (Oven Baked Vegetables)
Serves 6-8 persons.
- - 2 tablespoons olive oil,
- - 1 medium onion, sliced,
- - 2 cloves garlic, crushed,
- - 2oz (50gr) stoned black olives,
- - 2 large firm tomatoes grated or 1 425gr can of tomatoes, well mashed,
- - 1 tablespoon tomato puree dissolved in a glass of hot water,
- - 2 large potatoes, peeled or scrubbed and sliced thinly lengthways,
- - 2 medium courgettes, sliced lengthways,
- - 1 medium aubergine, sliced lengthways,
- - 1 green pepper, sliced into rings,
- - 1 teaspoon Oregano,
- - 4oz tasty cheese grated,
- - salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the garlic and onion until soft but not brown. Add the olives, tomatoes, tomato paste and parsley. Season and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Oil a large casserole dish and layer the potatoes, courgettes and aubergines in the bottom. Sprinkle over half of the cheese. Add the green pepper and Oregano.
- Pour over the tomato sauce and cover with the remaining cheese.
- Bake the vegetables, uncovered, in a medium oven gas mark 4, 350'F, 180'C for between 45-60 minutes, depending on the depth of the dish.